|Concrete Delivery Professional||Boone, NC|
|Concrete Delivery Professional||Spruce Pine/Marion, NC|
|Concrete Delivery Professional||Pittsboro/Siler City, NC|
|Concrete Delivery Professional||Salisbury, NC|
|Concrete Delivery Professional||Greensboro/Winston-Salem, NC|
|Concrete Delivery Professional||Burlington/Mebane, NC|
|Concrete Delivery Professional||Durham/Hillsborough, NC|
|Concrete Delivery Professional||Roanoke/NRV Area, VA|
|Concrete Delivery Professional||Dublin/Christiansburg, VA|
|Concrete Delivery Professional||Danville/Altavista, VA|
|Dispatcher/Customer Service||Roanoke, VA|
CONCRETE DELIVERY PROFESSIONAL
Responsible for loading, transporting and unloading ready mix concrete from batch plant to customer job sites following established safety, service and quality policies and procedures.
- Performs daily pre-trip vehicle safety inspection according to company guidelines.
- Maintains truck maintenance, fluid levels and fuel as needed or required
- Reports any vehicle mechanical problems on a timely basis to ensure prompt attention from fleet maintenance.
- Positions mixer truck under batch plant to be loaded to ensure minimal material waste.
- Follows written and oral instructions from dispatch or plant manager to ensure the quality of the concrete loaded into mixer drum is within customer specifications.
- Determines the most direct route to customer job site giving consideration to safety, traffic and state DOT regulations.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required or needed.
- Drives/Operates mixer truck to deliver and unload concrete safely at customer job site.
- Inspects customer job site to ensure truck can be operated safely and delivery can be made safely and efficiently.
- Communicates pleasantly and professionally with customers.
- Attaches extension chutes as needed to ensure efficient unloading.
- Removes excess concrete from truck exterior surfaces (including chutes) with water at a site specified by the customer and according to applicable local, state and federal regulations.
- Discards excess concrete from mixer drum according to company practices and guidelines and within local, state and federal environmental regulations.
- Ensures mixer drum is properly maintained and kept free of concrete build-up on the interior.
- Maintains communications with dispatch or batch plant through accurate/timely use of Encoder system and two-way radio.
- Keeps the interior and exterior of the truck clean and free of clutter to include removing road film and excess concrete from exterior surfaces.
- Completes required paperwork timely and accurately.
- Follows established company policies and guidelines for safety, quality and service.
- Maintains neat and professional personal appearance.
- Works from other plants as needed.
- Performs other duties as required by plant manager or other management employees.
- Current/valid NC or VA Driver’s License. Individuals must have current CDL license Class A or B.
Safe/satisfactory driving record. No chargeable/preventable accidents within previous 3 years preferred. Satisfactory criminal record. No felony convictions within the past 10 years. Some experience driving heavy equipment preferred. Stable employment history (no more than 3 jobs in the last 5 years or 5 jobs in the last 10 years). Current/valid DOT Physical (preferred with no restrictions). All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen. *Must be able to work flexible hours.*
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK
Primarily responsible for maintaining complete, accurate and timely information on customer accounts. Also, provides clerical support and assistance.
Essential Job Duties/Functions
- Applies customer payments accurately and in a timely manner, on a daily basis.
- Researches and resolves discrepancies, questions or issues with customer billing.
- Processes credit card payments and credits.
- Makes adjustments to customer accounts as authorized by the Exec VP Sales & Marketing, Credit/Collections Manager or Controller.
- Answers telephones and handles customer inquiries
- Processes daily cash/checks received ensuring customer payments are applied timely and accurately
- Counts cash and checks and runs credit card report on a daily basis.
- Prepares, mails and files customer invoices daily/monthly as appropriate.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate customer files to include adding new customer accounts and making address and name changes in a timely manner.
- Prints and posts invoices for plants
- Assists with credit verification on new customer accounts.
- Completes daily concrete report and enters information into system.
- Copies, files and retrieves accounts receivable information as required or requested.
- Performs all end-of-day activities (balancing cash, deposits, etc.)
- Assists with physical inventory.
- Generates various reports as requested or required.
- Counts cash drawer to balance Counterpoint, cash and COD sales.
- Closes Counterpoint daily.
- Edits and posts ready-mix and block tickets for various Virginia Division locations.
- Posts cash and COD ready-mix and block tickets for various Virginia Division locations.
- Edits credit card balancing report for accuracy.
- Processes month-end closing of ready-mix and block invoices and Counterpoint sales
- Posts cash receipts
- Makes daily bank deposit.
- Processes special customer billing
- Works closely with Credit and Collections Manager to monitor customers with late or delinquent payments.
- Makes initial contact with past due customers
- Reconciles daily billing to daily reporting of yardage.
- Transmits journals to Chandler Accounting.
- Analyzes daily deposits
- Other duties as requested by supervisor or other member of management.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Additional training or education in office administration or accounting is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years work experience required in an office or retail environment; especially in a construction or building supply related industry.
- Clear criminal history.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Proficient with basic mathematics to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with data entry and working with a personal computer.
- Must have effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must pay attention to detail.
- Must be able to juggle multiple competing tasks.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Must be able to attempt to collect account balances from customers while keeping their business.
Equipment Used & Physical Requirements
- Personal Computer
- Credit card processing machine
- Fax Machine
- Computerized cash register
- Postage meter machine
- Extended periods sitting in chair at desk.
- Occasional/frequent standing, stooping, pulling and reaching to access files.
- Occasional lifting of up to 15 pounds from floor to waist height.
- Repetitive finger, hand and wrist movement to enter data on a keyboard.
Environmental Conditions (Personal protective equipment is provided where required or requested)
- Office environment with minimal exposure to extremes in noise, dust or hazardous materials.
- Extensive exposure to CRT screen.
QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN
Responsible for ensuring that raw materials and production processes conform to established company standards and finished product meets customer specifications
- Conducts various established tests on raw materials to ensure compliance with stated company standards and specifications.
- Communicates with raw material suppliers to resolve questions or issues as needed.
- Maintains accurate and current documentation of testing procedures and results.
- Works closely with sales representatives to ensure most appropriate and cost-effective product mix is developed or used to meet customer needs and specifications.
- Monitors product mixes on a daily basis to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
- Makes minor adjustments to mixes and processes as needed to ensure customer specifications are met timely and cost-effectively; also adjusts minor amounts of cementitious and aggregate content(s), subject to approval by QC Manager.
- Visits job sites regularly to observe and audit product quality and placement processes.
- Performs established tests on mixes and finished product to monitor product quality and ensure compliance.
- Works closely with plant operations to ensure product quality is maintained on a timely and cost-effective basis.
- Investigates customer complaints to include researching documentation and makes appropriate recommendation for resolution.
- Provides technical support and advice to operations, sales and customers as needed.
- Assists with developing, implementing and maintaining company quality policies, practices and procedures.
- Assists with training and educating employees on proper quality techniques and processes.
- Ensures compliance with established company, local, state and federal safety and environmental policies, practices and regulations.
- Maintains required and requested documentation.
- Prepares and provides information and reports as required or requested.
- Communicates ideas and concerns to plant managers, sales reps and QC Mgr. as appropriate.
- Operates plant batch console as needed.
- Maintains knowledge and competency in generally accepted company, industry and function tests and techniques as well as interpretation of results.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a manufacturing or batch environment with at least two years in ready-mix concrete preferred (one of which should be as a mixer driver). HS Diploma required with additional training or education strongly preferred in chemistry, statistics or quality management curriculum. ability to analyze and interpret information. Demonstrated effective communication skills both oral and written. Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Current valid driver’s license required. Prefer a Class B CDL. Must have a minimum of Level I DOT certification with Level II preferred.
Primarily responsible for taking incoming calls and coordinating the timely delivery of concrete from plant locations to job sites according to customer requests and expectations while using the most efficient and cost effective processes possible.
- Receives customer order from customer or sales person.
- Probes customer for information to determine proper quantity, mix, delivery time and job site location for each order. Also makes note of any special or unusual customer requests.
- Suggests value-added products to customers to enhance product performance based on the nature of the customer’s job.
- Advises customer of any potential issues/concerns regarding product order such as load limits, scheduling conflicts, vehicle weight limitations, etc.
- Enters the customer order timely, accurately and completely into the dispatch system.
- Schedules mixer trucks to ensure maximum utilization and efficiency while meeting the needs and expectations of customers.
- Generates accurate and complete delivery tickets to the plant manager in a timely manner.
- Communicates with mixer drivers, plant managers, production managers and operations manager on a frequent and regular basis to avoid or address issues, concerns or problems.
- Monitors mixer truck status on a constant basis to ensure customer satisfaction and maximum equipment and labor utilization.
- Works closely with operations to ensure drivers are in compliance with local, state and federal DOT guidelines and regulations.
- Works closely with remote dispatch offices to move equipment and people to meet customer demands.
- Adjusts dispatch schedule as needed to reflect current and accurate information.
- Communicates with plant managers and batch operators daily to advise of mixer driver start and finish times.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or other member of management.